"Intour-Service" Ltd. Our address:: 230024, BY, K.Marksa street 13-1. tel: 8 (0152) 74-01-47
Mo - Fri: 9.00- 18.00 Sa: 9.00- 14.00
You are here: BelarusTours
Tour "Belarus. We discover Belarus"Itinerary: Novogrudok - Mir - NesvizhDuration: 2 or 3 daysNovogrudok, one of the most ancient towns of Belarus, is located in the east of Grodno oblast.Historians believe the settlement was founded in the 10th century. In the 12th century the town comprised a fortress on the Castle Hill, a fortified region on the neighboring upland (Small Castle) and a posad (a trade-crafts zone behind the fortress walls).In the 13th century Novogrudok became the center of the appanage principality. In 1253 Novogrudok Prince Mindowg was crowned in the town as the King of Lithuania. In this connection Novogrudok can be considered the capital of the Great Principality of Lithuania.The history of the town lives in such monuments as the Castle Hill, Mindowg’s Hill, Sts. Boris and Gleb Church, Farny (Jesuitical) Polish Roman-Catholic Church, founded by Witowt at the beginning of the 15th century, a house-museum of Adam Mitskevich. The Mound of Immortality was made on the territory of the Small Castle in honor of the great poet.The names of many outstanding people are associated with the Novogrudok region – Chancellor of the Great Principality of Lithuania Litawar Chreptowicz, great poet Adam Mitskevich, first Belarusian specialist in folklore Solomon Rysinski, artist Yazep Drozdovich and our contemporary world’s famous scientist in astronautics Boris Kit.Mir. The place having the old Slavic name “Mir” has a very long history. It is located in the east of Grodno oblast, the Korelichi region.Mir was first mentioned in the chronicles in 1395. At that time it was part of the Great Principality of Lithuania, then the Rzecz Pospolita and in 1793 was incorporated into the Russian Empire. In 1921-1939 - belonged to Poland.The land had repeatedly changed the hands of owners. Mir belonged to the Gedygovichis, Iljinichis, Radziwills, Vitgentshteins.Mir’s central square was once a place of famous fairs which had merchandisers coming from many places of the Great Principality of Lithuania, Poland, Germany and Russia.Mir was long known for its horse fairs organized by the Gypsies who later on settled around Belarus.Mir was also famous for its gobelin manufacture. The most famous of them were dedicated to the Radziwill family.Mir's most famous landmark is the 16th century castle which is today a filial branch of the National Arts Museum of the Republic of Belarus. The Mir castle (15-16th century monument) staggers imagination by its beauty, grandeur, and artistic elegance. The red-brick castle is currently being restored, but one tower and the courtyard are open to visitors. Nesvizh. The small town of Nesvizh founded in the 13th century is home to the 16th century Renaissance Radziville family castle, the former residence of the ancient Belarusian-Lithuanian family of Prince Radziville. Close to Nesvizh castle is a magnificent Catholic church (16th century, architect Bernardoni) beautifully painted on the inside.ProgrammeDay 1Arrival in GrodnoTransfer to the hotel with guide assistanceCheck-in at the hotel in the centre of the cityTime at leisureDinnerDay 2BreakfestDeparture from the Sovietskaya SquareNovogrudok - the Castle Hill, Mindowg's Hill, Sts. Boris and Gleb Church, Farny (Jesuitical) Polish Roman-Catholic Church,Mir- the 16th century castle Nesvizh- the 16th century Renaissance Radziville family castleArrival in GrodnoCost according to demands.The cost included: entrance visa, full board and lodging, a guide, transfer, passage service, bus and excursion service, entrance tickets to the museumsThe company leaves the right to make some alterations in the program without decreasing whole volume and quality of services.
View all list
2006-All rights reserved.
Developed by: Saitodrom